This section provides a summary of ERA 2018 results and activity by aggregated four-digit FoR code.
Comparative information is presented for each discipline at the four-digit level and includes:
- Fields of Research overview with the aggregated four-digit data for each ERA indicator
- the distribution table and chart showing the number of UoEs per rating scale score (including the two- and four-digit ratings for that FoR)
- research outputs submitted by type (chart and table)
- research income by year-all categories ($) (chart and table)
- staffing profile by academic level (chart and table)
- patent profile (where applicable) (table only)
- research commercialisation income by year ($) (chart and table)
- Where an indicator does not apply to a particular discipline ‘-’ is shown. A ‘0’ represents that the indicator applies to the discipline, but no data was submitted.
- Percentages <1 not shown on doughnut charts for research outputs by type.
- Totals in the doughnut charts may not sum to 100% due to rounding.
- The sum of component items in tables may not match column/row totals due to rounding. See Section 4 for downloadable spreadsheets with un-rounded data.
Environmental Sciences (05) accounted for approximately two per cent of the research outputs submitted to ERA 2018. Journal articles comprised 81 per cent of the total research outputs submitted to Environmental Sciences. Environmental Science and Management (0502) is the largest sub–discipline in terms of research outputs, staffing levels and research income. Soil Sciences (0503) had the highest research commercialisation income. Environmental Sciences accounted for approximately one per cent of all patents.