Guide to the Report
The Engagement and Impact Assessment 2018–19 National Report (EI National Report) presents an assessment of how institutions are translating their research into economic, environmental, social and other benefits. This report provides information on research engagement, impact and approach to impact for disciplines at each eligible Australian higher education institution (see Appendix 1—Eligible Institutions).
The EI National Report is divided into five sections:
- The Introduction provides an overview of the EI framework and methodology.
- Section 1—National Overview provides a national summary of research engagement, impact and approach to impact at institutions.
- Section 2—Research Engagement provides a summary of the performance of institutions in engaging with research end-users. The section covers both the engagement narrative and indicators.
- Section 3—Impact and Approach to Impact provides a summary of the performance of institutions in generating impact outside of academia from research, and institutions’ approaches to supporting research impact. This section covers the impact studies and an initial analysis of the supplementary data collected.
- Section 4—EI 2018 Institution Report provides the ratings for research engagement, impact and approach to impact for two-digit Fields of Research, interdisciplinary, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander research units of assessment.